8.25.2011

Growin', Growin', Gone!!

This post (shockingly) is all about my sweet Leila Grace Ann.  First off, when she was two weeks old, she had a professional photo shoot (courtesy of Mom and Dad) and she did...well, about as well as any two week old can do.  She definitely had some very fussy moments, and I still don't understand the point of having me rock her to sleep only to wake her up for some "wide eye shots," but whatever.  The photos turned out wonderfully, and here are a couple of them below:






















Then, she had her one month appointment this past Monday.  Leila was born 8 lbs. 3 oz. and 21 inches long.  Devin, Mom, and I took votes on how much she had grown; here are our votes:

Devin   9 lbs. 2 oz and 23 inches
Mom   8 lbs. 14 oz and 21 inches
Me      9 lbs. and 22 inches

Boy, were we all off (at least in the weight category).  Lil'Bit turned out to be 10 lbs. 11 oz. and 22.5 inches long; that would put her in the 90th percentile for both.  Mom said that she's outgrown her nickname of Lil'Bit, but I think we'll keep it for awhile.

The doctor said Leila was in perfect health; that she was growing perfectly; and that Devin and I were doing a fantastic job (which is always nice to hear from a professional).  Now, we're trying to conquer Tummy Time, which is always fun.

Daddy and Leila doing their Tummy Time

1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures!!! I showed everyone at work!!!! I think you are doing great on your blog!

    ReplyDelete